Vice President- Tball and Rookie Machine Pitch
NKB Board Start Date: October 2014
Residence: Erlanger, KY
Email Address: JenniferWilson@nkbaseball.com
Jennifer joined the Board in October 2014. She began as the Vice-President of T-Ball and in 2016 also took on Rookie Machine Pitch. Jennifer has had a child in the league since 2013 and is actively involved in both her sons' baseball teams. Jennifer enjoys watching sports and watching the development, not only of the fundamentals of the game, but within the volunteer coaches who are teaching the players life lessons. Jennifer looks forward to continuing to be a part of a volunteer organization where players and families are put first.
Jennifer has resided in northern Kentucky her entire life. After graduating from Walton-Verona High School, she attended Northern Kentucky University and received her Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership. She continued her education at Ohio University and received her Master's degree in Healthcare Administration. Jennifer has worked in healthcare for over 12 years in various facets on the administration side. She is currently working at Healthpoint Family Care as the Revenue Cycle Manager.
Jennifer is married to her husband Ryan and they have two children: Logan (13) and Wesley (7). In addition to serving on the NKB Board, she also enjoys watching and rooting for the Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, and the Univeristy of Kentucky Wildcats.
JOB DESCRIPTION – VICE PRESIDENT – TBALL AND ROOKIE MACHINE PITCH
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall coordination of activities associated with corresponding NKB divisions:
Tee Ball 4U-5U Division
Rookie Machine Pitch 5U-6U Division
- Serve as the main point of contact for any coaches to ask questions or escalate issues that need to be addressed. Be proactive in communications with coaches and parents.
- Organize and lead pre-season and post-season coaches’ meetings.
- Ensure rules are followed by all coaches, players and spectators.
- Ensure that all coaches’ certifications and background checks have been completed.
- Ensure communication is prompt and clear to all coaches.
- Ensure safety is a top priority for the players, coaches and spectators.
- Help promote the division and NKB to any prospective players and/or teams in the area to increase the size of the division.
- Work with Vice President - Players, Fields and Scheduling to ensure all players are assigned and that practice locations, game scheduling, tournament scheduling, etc. are completed and communicated.
- Work with Vice Presidents - Equipment and Uniforms to make sure all teams are supplied with equipment and uniforms (if teams are ordering uniforms from the league) in a timely fashion.
- Work with Vice President - Marketing to make sure coaches are aware and engaged with the fundraising efforts.
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
Address any questions, comments, requests and concerns received related to individual divisions.
Conduct initial pre-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Conduct follow up pre-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Ensure that all coaches’ certifications and background checks have been completed.
Conduct post-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Conduct pre-season coaches’ meetings for fall season.
Conduct post-season coaches’ meetings for fall season.