Misty is the Vice-President of the Machine Pitch Division 7U/8U of Northern Kentucky Baseball (NKB), and has been involved with youth baseball since 2014, and in November of 2016 joined the NKB Board of Directors. Misty has a passion for teaching the fundamentals of baseball to players of all skill levels as well as giving the players, coaches, and families the opportunity to have the best possible experience through her involvement with NKB. According to Misty, it has been exciting to watch the growth and progress that NKB has made over the past several years, and she is looking forward to what the future holds for NKB and youth baseball in the northern Kentucky area.
Misty grew up in Port Clinton, Ohio, which is a small town about 44 miles east of Toledo, Ohio and is known as the “Walleye Capital of the World.” After graduating from Port Clinton High School, she attended Northwestern College in Lima, Ohio where she received her Associate of Applied Business in Accounting. She then moved to Cincinnati, Ohio where she attended the University of Cincinnati and received her Bachelor of Science in Applied Business. In 2015, she joined the Diapharma Group, Inc. in West Chester, Ohio as the Accounting and Benefits Manager and was promoted to Executive ControlleMacr and Benefits Manager in April 2017. She is currently studying for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam, as well as a member of the Kentucky Society of CPAs.
Misty and her husband (Shawn) and I have one son, Kadyn (8). In addition to serving on the NKB Board and coaching her own youth baseball team, she also runs her own business as a Pampered Chef Independent Consultant. She love cooking and trying new recipes as well as helping busy families get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less with fun and time-saving tools!
JOB DESCRIPTION – VICE PRESIDENT – MACHINE PITCH 7U/8U
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall coordination of activities associated with corresponding NKB divisions:
Machine Pitch 7U-8U
- Serve as the main point of contact for any coaches to ask questions or escalate issues that need to be addressed. Be proactive in communications with coaches and parents.
- Organize and lead pre-season and post-season coaches’ meetings.
- Help organize pre-season, mid-season, and post-season tournaments that the league will be hosting for the division.
- Ensure rules are followed by all coaches, players and spectators.
- Ensure that all coaches’ certifications and background checks have been completed.
- Ensure communication is prompt and clear to all coaches.
- Ensure safety is a top priority for the players, coaches and spectators.
- Help promote the division and NKB to any prospective players and/or teams in the area to increase the size of the division.
- Work with Vice President - Players, Fields and Scheduling to ensure all players are assigned and that practice locations, game scheduling, tournament scheduling, etc. are completed and communicated.
- Work with Vice Presidents - Equipment and Uniforms to make sure all teams are supplied with equipment and uniforms (if teams are ordering uniforms from the league) in a timely fashion.
- Work with Vice President - Marketing to make sure coaches are aware and engaged with the fundraising efforts.
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
Address any questions, comments, requests and concerns received related to individual divisions.
Conduct initial pre-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Conduct follow up pre-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Ensure that all coaches’ certifications and background checks have been completed.
Conduct post-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Conduct pre-season coaches’ meetings for fall season.
Conduct post-season coaches’ meetings for fall season.