Vice President- Rookie Machine Pitch 5U and 6U
NKB Board Start Date: March 2019
Residence: Union, KY
Email Address: AndrewSien@nkbaseball.com
Andrew is the Vice-President of the Machine Pitch Division 5U/6U of Northern Kentucky Baseball (NKB). Although Andrew is brand new to the NKB Board of Directors he has been involved with youth baseball since 2009. Andrew loves the game of baseball and values the lessons that it teaches our young people on and off the field.
Andrew grew up in Harrison, Ohio, and played Baseball and Basketball at Harrison High School. Upon graduating he attended Northern Kentucky University where he received his Bachelor's Degree in Entrepreneurship. He now resides in NKY, and currently works for Tangoe as a Client Account Executive.
Andrew and his wife (Megan) are expecting their first child in August 2019. In addition to serving on the NKB Board, Andrew is an assistant coach for the Varsity Girls Basketball team at Ryle High school, as well as a student ministry leader at Lakeside Christian Church.
JOB DESCRIPTION – VICE PRESIDENT – ROOKIE MACHINE PITCH
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall coordination of activities associated with corresponding NKB divisions:
Rookie Machine Pitch 5U and 6U
- Serve as the main point of contact for any coaches to ask questions or escalate issues that need to be addressed. Be proactive in communications with coaches and parents.
- Organize and lead pre-season and post-season coaches’ meetings.
- Ensure rules are followed by all coaches, players and spectators.
- Ensure that all coaches’ certifications and background checks have been completed.
- Ensure communication is prompt and clear to all coaches.
- Ensure safety is a top priority for the players, coaches and spectators.
- Help promote the division and NKB to any prospective players and/or teams in the area to increase the size of the division.
- Work with Vice President - Players, Fields and Scheduling to ensure all players are assigned and that practice locations, game scheduling, tournament scheduling, etc. are completed and communicated.
- Work with Vice Presidents - Equipment and Uniforms to make sure all teams are supplied with equipment and uniforms (if teams are ordering uniforms from the league) in a timely fashion.
- Work with Vice President - Marketing to make sure coaches are aware and engaged with the fundraising efforts.
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
Address any questions, comments, requests and concerns received related to individual divisions.
Conduct initial pre-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Conduct follow up pre-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Ensure that all coaches’ certifications and background checks have been completed.
Conduct post-season coaches’ meetings for spring season.
Conduct pre-season coaches’ meetings for fall season.
Conduct post-season coaches’ meetings for fall season.