VP of Fields and Scheduling
NKB Board Start Date: Founding Board Member (2012)
Residence: Burlington, KY
Jason is a founding Board member of Northern Kentucky Baseball, and has been coaching youth baseball for 18 years. Jason holds several important roles for NKB; he is currently the Vice President of Fields and Scheduling, the Park Manager overseeing the staff at Mills Park and Mountain Ball Park, as well as District 1 Commissioner for Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth in the East KY Babe Ruth League. Jason currently coaches his son's 17U team made up of several High School players from all over Northern Kentucky. Jason is extremely proud of the progress NKB has made over the past few yeas, and looks forward to seeing the future of baseball in Northern Kentucky.
Jason works as a Supervisory IT Specialist for the IRS Criminal Investigation Division. He and his wife, Sabrina have 3 children. Ethan (18) who attends Northern Kentucky University, and Twins Alyssa (16) and Andrew (16), who are Juniors at Cooper High School. Along with coaching youth baseball, and serving on the NKB Board, Jason is extremely active at Cooper High School, assisting with the PTSO; that his wife Sabrina is the current President of. He is also a passionate Cincinnati Reds and Bengals fan.
JOB DESCRIPTION – VICE PRESIDENT – FIELDS AND SCHEDULING
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a working relationship with local cities and counties to ensure the league receives fields for each baseball season.
- Uses all fields to their fullest to accommodate all teams for practice and games.
- Handles all league field complaints and contacts the necessary officials to address them.
- Completes the leagues master schedule.
- Serves as point of contact for all game changes and updates to the master schedule.
- Responsible to use age appropriate fields for games.
- Review all schedule exceptions and work to include them in the schedule.
- Schedule all makeup games to ensure the league keeps its commitment on total games played.
- Disseminates the schedule to all parties.
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
Address on-going questions, requests, comments and concerns related to players, fields and scheduling, including re-scheduling of make-up games.
Finalize field assignments for spring season practices and games.
Finalize spring season game schedule and post to league website.
Submit final rosters to Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth headquarters.
Conduct all star tryouts and form all star teams.
Prepare for fall season; registration begins.
Finalize field assignments for fall season practices and games.
Finalize fall season game schedule and post to league website.
Prepare for spring season; registration begins.