VP of Fields and Scheduling
NKB Board Start Date:
JOB DESCRIPTION – VICE PRESIDENT – FIELDS AND SCHEDULING
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a working relationship with local cities and counties to ensure the league receives fields for each baseball season.
- Uses all fields to their fullest to accommodate all teams for practice and games.
- Handles all league field complaints and contacts the necessary officials to address them.
- Completes the leagues master schedule.
- Serves as point of contact for all game changes and updates to the master schedule.
- Responsible to use age appropriate fields for games.
- Review all schedule exceptions and work to include them in the schedule.
- Schedule all makeup games to ensure the league keeps its commitment on total games played.
- Disseminates the schedule to all parties.
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
Address on-going questions, requests, comments and concerns related to players, fields and scheduling, including re-scheduling of make-up games.
Finalize field assignments for spring season practices and games.
Finalize spring season game schedule and post to league website.
Submit final rosters to Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth headquarters.
Conduct all star tryouts and form all star teams.
Prepare for fall season; registration begins.
Finalize field assignments for fall season practices and games.
Finalize fall season game schedule and post to league website.
Prepare for spring season; registration begins.