Vice President- Majors, All Stars, and Tournaments
NKB Board Start Date: 2012 (Founding Member)
Residence: Edgewood, KY
Mike is a founding Board member of Northern Kentucky Baseball (NKB), and has been coaching youth baseball since 2004. Mike truly enjoys teaching the game of baseball to players of all skill levels and ages and having the opportunity to provide the best possible experience for players, coaches and families through his involvement with NKB. He is excited about the growth and progress that NKB has made over the past several years, and truly looks forward to what the future holds for NKB and youth baseball in the northern Kentucky area.
Mike grew up in Burgin, KY, which is a small town in central Kentucky. After graduating from Burgin High School, he attended the University of Louisville where he received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accountancy. After college, Mike worked as an external auditor for the public accounting firm of Ernst & Young in Louisville, KY and then in Cincinnati, OH. In 2001, he joined Fifth Third Bank’s Internal Audit Division where he currently serves as the Professional Practices Audit Director. Mike is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and holds numerous other professional certifications/designations. He is also involved in many professional organizations, including the American Institute of CPAs, the Kentucky Society of CPAs, and the Institute of Internal Auditors where he serve on the Cincinnati Chapter’s Board of Governors.
Mike and his wife, Kim have four children: Allie (16); Jay (13); Kyle (9) and Ryan (6). In addition to serving on the NKB Board and coaching youth baseball, he also coaches multiple youth basketball teams and enjoys watching and participating in various sporting events.
JOB DESCRIPTION – VICE PRESIDENT – MAJORS, ALL STARS AND TOURNAMENTS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- .Determine timing/location and conduct/oversee Majors Division tryouts.
- Consult with VP- Division Coordinators regarding determination of Majors teams for each applicable age group.
- Communicate/promote the NKB Stars Program with players, coaches, and parents.
- Work with VP-Division Coordinators to identify and select All Star coaches.
- Conduct All Star tryouts.
- Assist with the formation of All Star rosters.
- Provide support to All Star coaches regarding state Cal Ripken and other All Star tournament entry, practice/game fields, equipment, tournament credentials, uniforms, etc.
- Determine timing and location of NKB hosted tournaments.
- Communicate/market NKB hosted tournaments via email and websites.
- Serve or identify on-site tournament director for NKB hosted tournaments.
- Coordinate administrative activities for NKB hosted tournaments, including field set up, umpires, equipment, awards, communication, etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
Address on-going questions, requests, comments, and concerns regarding Majors division, All Stars, and tournaments.
Coordinate and conduct Majors tryouts.
Finalize selection of All Star coaches for the upcoming All Star season.
Consult with VP-Division Coordinators regarding Majors/Minors team breakout.
Conduct All Star tryouts and assist coaches with the formation of All Star teams.
Coordinate All Star uniforms, practice/game fields and state Cal Ripken tournaments with All Star coaches.
Provide support/address questions pertaining to All Star season.
Finalize and communicate/market tournament schedule for upcoming Spring and Fall seasons.